Seite: Allianz
Gilde: in Harmony
Klasse: Shaman
Rasse: Draenei
Level: 85
Realm: Thrall

Cataclysm's unique mistakes

Beitrag von holdem » Sa 5. Nov 2011, 13:25

da es einfach mal jemand auf den punkt gebracht hat, hier der quote für die ewigkeit:

Tatsianna007 @ MMO hat geschrieben: There actually is more to do in Cataclysm than in any other previous edition of WoW, and yet, the most common complaint about Cataclysm Critics is it's boring and there's little to do. I believe that has a lot to do with Cataclysm's overall design, which trivialized a lot of aspects of the game and made parts of the game that were previously huge draws into tedious exercises that drove away fans. There were many little mistakes made with Cataclysm that aren't too big on their own, but taken together, paint a portrait of a frustrating game that didn't deliver on the hype and lacked the polish of previous expansions. While this list isn't meant to be exhaustive, it does include 10 points that drove away quite a few players.

Major disconnection problems when people alt-tab out of WoW
Before patch 4.0, it was quite safe to alt-tab out of WoW to watch your favorite daily show clip, load up a song from youtube or chat with your friends. Since 4.0, I disconnect while alt-tabbing about 3-10 times per WoW session. This was worse at the beginning of cataclysm, and I know many players with similar problems. I suspect this was due to changes involving the warden, but in any case, it has made WoW much more frustrating that it needs to be.

45 Minute 2v2 Draws

In the 1400-1600 bracket, I've personally experienced 17 45 minute draws in the last month. As a healer, I blame my partner, and this causes a lot of tension within my team, but it's really because of poor class design/balance. People play 2s because they like to pvp and they like 2s, yet Blizzard neglects this bracket, the MOST POPULAR form of competitive PvP in WoW, because it's hard to balance. I should to say because the balance issues show the most in 2s and are more hidden in 3s, 5s and RBGs. In the current state, many 2v2 games last 10-20 minutes, and 45 minute draws aren't particularly rare. This needs to be addressed, as it has driven off MANY players who used to really enjoy 2v2.

Trashing promised content that people REALLY wanted

Path of the Titans! Abyssal Maw Raid! New CoT Raid! Dance Studios! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all, and if you can't deliver on your grand designs, don't reveal them prematurely to the public! People were expecting a new way to progress your character, many more lore based raids filled with lore heavy encounters, and instead we get a za/zg rehash, the smallest tier of bosses since ToC, and a lot of the raids and encounters we wanted appearing as undertuned 5 mans in the future.

Linear Questing Zones, not hubs, ZONES!
They are fun the first time through, but going into the same zones and being forced to do the exact same quests in the exact same order for the whole zone every time you level an alt is tedious! People like to rhyme, not to repeat.

Dancy, Gimmicky Fights as the norm for Raiding
People like playing their class, figuring out how to perfect their rotation in every fight, how to keep the tank alive through heavy damage, how to position the boss, etc. They don't like having to learn the hokey pokey, two step tango and truffle shuffle every time they fight a new boss. Furthermore, it makes pugging impossible, as people rightfully demand an achievement because they don't want to teach new players complicated dances. While Blizz simplified WoW on one hand, they compensated by making the boss fights difficult by making them overcomplicated and twitchy

Completely Uninteresting Dungeon Design
I've never seen so many straight walls, box rooms and uninspiring landscapes in my life, and I live in Tokyo. I'm really looking to Pandaria as Cataclysm architecture was ugly, awful and looks like it was designed by engineers.

OP'd Dungeon Gear

Wrath had it right. You ran a daily dungeon, got 14 badges a week, and got an additional 20-40 badges from raiding a week for gear. In Cataclysm, you run zg/za 7 times and you don't need to run a raid to get your valor gear. This GREATLY diminishes the value of raiding, and some players eschew raiding in favor of running heroics and then complain that there is nothing to do. The point of WoW is to gather gear in order to fight more difficult encounters. Dungeons are supposed to lead into raiding, not replace it, and it seems Blizzard has lost sight of that philosophy when they made cataclysm.

RBGs (For you and your closest 9 pals)
People love 2s because they can play with their best friend. In 3s, you can play with two of your pals. Nine pals, however, just kind of doesn't work and feels awkward. As many people now pug RBGs, their should be options for 2-3 players to sign up for rbgs and play in the PUG bracket separated from true 10v10 groups.

hyping boring content

4.1 ZA/ZG!!!! MOLTEN FRONT!!! ARChAEOLOGY!!! Really, Blizz? Just, really? I'm a professor and I have to say getting that title was worse than switching from scryers to aldor and back. Molten Front was so repetitive that I haven't stepped foot back in since obtaining Flamewalker or Flamebreaker or whatever the cheesy title is, and ZA/ZG started off cool, but making us run the same two instances 7 times a week wajust insane. Don't hype it unless it's worth hyping

Concentrating EVERYThING in ONE city

People like convenience, but people also like having to work for what they achieve. I suppose Blizzard expected everyone to be out doing archaeology for path of the titans this expansion, but instead, we've all bored in Stormwind enjoying the new ocean front view that Deathwing left.
I kill two orcs in da morning,I kill two orcs at night,I kill two orcs in the afternoon, and than I feel alright.I kill two orcs in time of peace and two in time of war,I kill two orcs before I kill two orcs, and then I kill two more.

Antworten